Divers Cove is a beautiful 7.3 acre reservoir formerly used for sand extraction in Godstone, Surrey. Due to the lakes natural biodiversity and sandy bottom, the water quality is exceptional and glows a beautiful turquoise green in the summer or winter sun making the site a wonderful place to participate in the various leisure activities we offer.
We have two swim circuits available – 450m and 650m both clearly marked by large bouys. All sessions are operated by our fully trained open water lifeguards.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I cancel my swim booking?
You can cancel your booking for free via your online account as long as you provide 48hrs notice. If cancelling within 48hrs you will be charged for your booking as we have limited swim sessions available at each session and we may be unable to resell your ticket.
How old do I need to be to swim at Divers Cove?
Competent children over 7 years of age can swim with us if they are capable of swimming 650m unaided but must be accompanied by an adult in the water at all times and must swim with a tow float.
Do I need a tow float?
You only require a tow float if you are swimming without a wetsuit or are under 16 years of age.
Do I need a wetsuit?
All swimmers require a wetsuit when the water temp is under 16c, unless you are experienced at swimming in cold water. If swimming without a wetsuit you must wear a tow float.
Do all sessions need to be pre booked?
Yes, you cannot turn up to swim without being registered as a member and pre booking a session via our online booking calendar.
Do all swimmers need to be members?
Yes, all swimmers need to be signed up to one of our membership options so we have all your medical info and emergency contact details.
- All swimmers must be members (Full or Non Member).
- All swimmers must have a pre booked session to be allowed entry.
- All swim sessions will start and finish at the time booked.
- No swimmer is to enter the water before our safety team has taken to the water and advised you can enter.
- Children of 7 years and older are allowed to swim in the lake if accompanied by an adult and can demonstrate they are experienced at open water swimming.
- Children are not permitted to play on the beach or pontoon at any time.
- All swimmers must wear a wetsuit when the water temperature is 16c or below unless agreed with management, If swimming without a wetsuit (when the water temperature is OVER 16c) you must wear a tow float.
- A brightly coloured swim hat must be worn at all times in the water so that you can be seen.
- If, at any time, you hear a loud hooter/whistles being sounded you must immediately leave the water at the nearest exit point. You should stay on land and make your way back to the beach area to await further instructions. Raise your arm for attention if you cannot make it back to land.
- Please swim responsibly, respectfully and know your limits.
- If you sight anyone in trouble you must alert a member of the safety team as quickly as possible.
- Swimmers must stick to the swim courses set out by coloured buoys.
- Swimmers should swim parallel to the bank when possible.
- If staff ask you to leave the water please do so immediately (your safety is our priority).
- Safety cover will be provided at all sessions and this will not be below the required minimum standard identified in the venue risk assessment.
- Try not to ingest water whilst swimming.
- When on land footwear must be worn at all times.
- Cover all cuts and abrasions, however minor, with sticking plasters. Do not swim if you have deep cuts.
- In the unlikely event that you develop any flu-like symptoms after swimming with an open cut/wound please tell your doctor that you have been swimming in open water.
- A first aid kit and defibrillator will be on site.
- Any accidents no matter how small must be reported to staff and will be logged.
- Children under 16 years of age must be accompanied by an adult in and out of the water at all times.
- Personal belongings are left at your own risk whilst on site.
- Cars are parked at your own risk, please be considerate when parking.
- All customers must adhere to the governments up to date pandemic control measures, these may change over the course of a season.