Open Water Swimming
Divers Cove Ltd offer competent swimmers the opportunity to swim in our gin clear former sand extraction site in the picturesque village of Godstone. We have a small onsite cafe serving hot and cold drinks and food to our members, mixed shower block, male and female heated changing rooms with lockers, male and female toilets and onsite parking.
We have two swim circuits available – 450m and 650m, both clearly marked by large bouys. All sessions are operated by our fully trained open water lifeguards.
All customers must sign up for one of the membership options & pre-book swimming sessions online.
Divers Cove operates an online booking system. All swimmers must sign up for membership and pre-book a session via our online booking calendar and adhere to all rules to be able to swim with us. Swim sessions can be amended up to 48hrs before your session by logging into your online account.
Our opening times are flexible subject to the weather & daylight hours, join as a member to see available booking slots. As a guide, we are open most evenings 5pm-8pm from May-September in addition to Saturday and Sunday mornings, 9am-11am from April to October.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I cancel my swim booking?
You can cancel your booking for free via your online account as long as you provide 48hrs notice. If cancelling within 48hrs you will be charged for your booking as we have limited swim sessions available at each session and we may be unable to resell your ticket.
How old do I need to be to swim at Divers Cove?
Competent children over 7 years of age can swim with us if they are capable of swimming 650m unaided but must be accompanied by an adult in the water at all times and must swim with a tow float.
Do I need a tow float?
You only require a tow float if you are swimming without a wetsuit or are under 16 years of age.
Do I need a wetsuit?
All swimmers require a wetsuit when the water temp is under 16c, unless you are experienced at swimming in cold water. If swimming without a wetsuit you must wear a tow float.
Do all sessions need to be pre booked?
Yes, you cannot turn up to swim without being registered as a member and pre booking a session via our online booking calendar.
Do all swimmers need to be members?
Yes, all swimmers need to be signed up to one of our membership options so we have all your medical info and emergency contact details.
Sundays: 9am-11am, 5pm-7pm
Saturday-Sunday: 9am-11am, 5pm-8pm.
- All swimmers must be members (Full or Non Member).
- All swimmers must have a pre booked session to be allowed entry.
- All swim sessions will start and finish at the time booked.
- No swimmer is to enter the water before our safety team has taken to the water and advised you can enter.
- Children of 7 years and older are allowed to swim in the lake if accompanied by an adult and can demonstrate they are experienced at open water swimming.
- Children are not permitted to play on the beach or pontoon at any time.
- All swimmers must wear a wetsuit when the water temperature is 16c or below, unless agreed with management. If swimming without a wetsuit (when the water temperature is OVER 16c) you must wear a tow float.
- A brightly coloured swim hat must be worn at all times in the water so that you can be seen.
- If, at any time, you hear a loud hooter or whistles being sounded you must immediately leave the water at the nearest exit point. You should stay on land and make your way back to the beach area to await further instructions. Raise your arm for attention if you cannot make it back to land.
- Please swim responsibly, respectfully and know your limits.
- If you sight anyone in trouble you must alert a member of the safety team as quickly as possible.
- Swimmers must stick to the swim courses set out by coloured buoys.
- Swimmers should swim parallel to the bank when possible.
- If staff ask you to leave the water please do so immediately (your safety is our priority).
- Safety cover will be provided at all sessions and this will not be below the required minimum standard identified in the venue risk assessment.
- Try not to ingest water whilst swimming.
- When on land footwear must be worn at all times.
- Cover all cuts and abrasions, however minor, with sticking plasters. Do not swim if you have deep cuts.
- In the unlikely event that you develop any flu-like symptoms after swimming with an open cut/wound please tell your doctor that you have been swimming in open water.
- A first aid kit and defibrillator will be on site.
- Any accidents, no matter how small, must be reported to staff and will be logged.
- Children under 16 years of age must be accompanied by an adult both in and out of the water, at all times.
- Personal belongings are left at your own risk whilst on site.
- Cars are parked at your own risk, please be considerate when parking.
- All customers must adhere to the government’s up to date pandemic control measures. These may change over the course of a season.